at the Bay Islands of Honduras
This may be your best chance to hook a Permit on a fly. It's also a very good destination for large pods of medium sized bones, as well as larger pairs and lone cruisers. Maybe while traveling from one flat to another you nail a snook on a popper tossed under the mangroves. Perhaps after lunch you choose to wade out and catch snappers and passing jacks to loosen up for the afternoon. Not bad for Day One. This is adventure fishing with a large variety of experiences to be had. During this week you can fish to several species on flats that see very little traffic as this destination has very few guides. That doesn't mean the fishing is easy though. There are lot's of predators here and you will need some stealth and casting skills to fool the big ones.
The Bay Islands were very lucky not to have suffered the effects of Hurricane Iris just 90 miles to the North in Belize. You'll find the fishing intimate, the lodging unique and you'll leave with a feeling that you lucked into a place before it was "discovered". Our guides are all family here and truly love to hunt for fish. They are personable and will work all day to put you on fish. You will be amazed at just how well they can spot when all you can see is water. Come. Learn. Play…..you are going to have a blast!
- Day 1 — Afternoon arrival on your own at Roatan International Airport. We'll have transport waiting to transfer you to lodging and rum drinks.
- Days 2 - 6 — Get-up, fish your brains out, swim, crack a Salva Vida (lifesaver) or several, eat seafood, sleep to the sounds of the sea. Repeat.
- Day 7 — Friday is an open day reserved for you to take a side trip, hike, go whitewater rafting, go diving, enjoy the world class beach on West End, go kayaking, be a tourist, sleep, whatever…..trust me, you are going to want this day.
- Day 8 — Morning transfer back to airport or to trip extension of your choice.
This week includes five days of guided angling from skiffs, but does leave one open day for you to fish on your own or do some exploring of this beautiful mountainous island. With its spectacular coral and host to migratory species like the Whale Shark, it is also one of the world's premier dive and snorkel destinations.
We will gladly help you arrange a dive, a land tour or extensions into the Cloud Forest or Mayan ruins. With five seasons of experience in Honduras, we enjoy sharing this friendly and undiscovered country.
Five days guided fishing via skiff and wading, lodging from the time we pick you up at the airport in Roatan on Saturday to your Saturday departure, meals during your stay and land transport to boat departure points. Not included are: airport exit taxes, gratuities and alcohol. Special diets can be accommodated and meals with be a combination of local favorites and seafood specialties.
Dates & Costs
- February, April, and March by arrangement
- $1700 / week, all inclusive
A 50% deposit is required to hold your space. It is refundable (less a transferable $50 handling fee) until 45 days before the first day of your trip. The balance is also due 45 days prior to departure. Space is limited to 6 anglers, so plan ahead...